WFreehldSch.jpg

WEST FREEHOLD SCHOOLHOUSE

History

Located at what was once known as Mount's Corner, the school was built in 1847 on land purchased for $25.00.  Once part of the Rulif R. Schanck Farmstead, now the Oakley Farm (Museum - also known as The Hartshorne, Combs Walker Farm and listed on National Register).  It operated until 1937 when schools in Freehold Township were consolidated and moved into the West Freehold School.

 

HONOR ROLL

209 Wemrock Rd, Freehold, NJ 07728

31936488_1656933057767620_40248074449903